Friday, April 14, 2017

It is finished.



Sometimes things will be put on your heart and you just can't ignore them. You can't sleep, can't think of anything else until you write them out. So, I guess thats what I'm doing. 

Today is Good Friday. I don't think I really ever understood the weight of that until I was driving home last night.

We all know the stories and images of Jesus taking the cross. But taking time to actually think and pray about it, thats a whole different story. 

For me, it hit me last night that Jesus had a choice.

He didn't have to bear the weight of all humanity. He choose to. He didn't have to take on our sin. He choose to. He didn't have to pay the penalty for our sins. He choose to.

I feel like so often we are faced with decisions that we try our best to avoid. We tell ourselves "someone else will do it", "I'll do it later", "someone else is better equipped to do that". Excuses. Thats not what we are called to. 

Jesus didn't runaway from what God had called Him to do. He prayed. And prayed some more. Then, He did what He was called to do. 

He didn't just start it, He finished it. 

We are called to live like Jesus. Seek God in everything and then do it. 
I challenge you, what has God called you to finish? What has He called you to bear? 

"After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you. For you have given him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him. And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began."
John 17:1 - 5 (NLT)

I pray that this Easter season you will have a new revelation of God's plan for your life.


PS: If you live in the Bay Area, join me at VIVE Church  for our Easter Experience. We have a ton in store for you! 
San Jose • Palo Alto • San Francisco  
9:30 & 11:30 AM.









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© All Jazzed Up

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig